We believe in the old saying 'Horses for Courses' and there will be times when a Drupal 8 solution is just overkill. Here's just a few to consider:
- A client has very simple requirements and limited growth plans
- A smaller client has limited budget and time
- A larger client needs a campaign landing page fast and no budget for template customisation or bespoke design
In these cases arguing the benefits of Drupal 8 is wasted effort, particularly when there is such a great tool out there in Squarespace.
Squarespace is the simple to use, hosted CMS that is causing so much impact on the Wordpress world because it is so much easier to set up and use. Whilst there can be some limitations with Squarespace, it is designed specifically for the cases highlighted above, and you will find it difficult to find a better solution available today.
A Squarespace account can be added to your customer's 'My Services' list in the Multi-service Access Portal. When they access the service details page, the login button will log them into their Squarespace account automatically.
The journey through your branded portal with access to the support service is reassuring for the customer even if they are unfamiliar with Squarespace. The customer does not even need to know their own Squarespace credentials as this is handled by the portal.
Any Squarespace account can be hooked up to the portal whether it has been created by us, you or the client directly.
Adding your customer support to Squarespace technology is a winning combination for entry level web requirements, but we have also added a key backup technology to make things even better.
The two key limitations of the Squarespace system are:
- The system is closed and the 'export' function does not support enough options to be relied upon
- A full site backup is not a solution for recovery or transfer as the client only has rights to use the Squarespace templates whilst served by Squarespace themselves
To mitigate this for your client, I-Next have developed a Squarespace backup process that would enable recovery or transfer in the shortest time possible. On an agreed schedule we do the following:
- Store an XML sitemap of the entire site
- Capture a full page image of every page of the site
- Capture a PDF of every page
- Store a plain text copy of all of the client content on every page
- Store copies of all of the client images used on every page
- Store copies of all client digital assets (PDFs etc) linked to from any page
This record of the site does not include any Squarespace property and will enable the reconstruction of the site with different templates on an alternative platform in the shortest possible time.
OK Increased Competitive Edge: Be sure that you can offer the right solution to your customers
OK Acquire More Customers: Acquire new customers and grow them through your service offering