There are a huge number of factors that determine the right e-commerce solution for a client:
- The number of products to be sold
- The requirement for complex supporting content
- The availability of payment processes
- The availability of internal systems and processes (e.g. ERP systems)
- The complexity of the customer base (e.g. account customers)
- The requirement for cart based promotions
The combination of these factors will determine the best approach for implementing an e-commerce system for a client. In many cases, however, the developer is only familiar with one product set or approach and presents a one size fits all solution which leaves the client with a set of compromises.
You can only win e-commerce business if you can demonstrate two key things that e-commerce customers are looking for:
- The right technology for the customer
- Confidence in delivery of the system AND in smooth operation thereafter
When working through e-commerce requirements with a client you need to be confident that whatever is thrown up, you will have a solution to match. That includes:
The I-ntarsia Digital Service Platform is a great weapon to have in your arsenal when prospecting for e-commerce business.
The I-ntarsia Digital Service Platform gives site developers multiple e-commerce options:
- Squarespace e-commerce for simple, quick entry level requirements
- I-ntarsia Basic Commerce in Drupal 8 for adding simple ecommerce functions to content rich sites
- I-ntarsia Merchant Commerce using Magento 2.0 for volume and product led merchants
- I-ntarsia Enterprise Commerce using Drupal Commerce 2.x for enterprise level merchants with exacting commerce and content requirements
To help our partners, we provide a simple-to-use decision matrix to enable the selection of the correct solution. In addition our experienced engineers are available to discuss the more detailed aspects of an e-commerce implementation.
Our reputation for delivering successful e-commerce systems with our partners is considerable and ranges from simple 'clicks and mortar' solutions for niche merchants such as Somerset Sausage, to full blown multi-brand enterprise solutions integrated with complex ERP systems such as the Redring Xpelair Group.
OK Solution Choice: Select the right solution for the customer
OK Solution Confidence: Have confidence in delivering an e-commerce solution